Operational Planning - Development Manager
Sloane Helicopters - Sywell Base
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a World Class team and help form the future of the business. We are looking for a tenacious individual seeking a first managerial move or a graduate wanting to start to build their managerial career. This exciting role will drive the business onto the next generation of system software and lead the functional change process to ensure success. Reporting directly to the Senior Leadership Team, the role will provide a great environment to learn and be mentored for future personal growth
- Using the Company ERP system and data, develop and maintain the Organisation’s integrated Engineering Sales and Operational, (SOP), planning processes
- Optimize the execution of both Project and Daily demand, ensuring best-in-class customer service levels
- Maintain the SOP plan to ensure it is current and visible to all stakeholders and engaged staff
- Review and analyse the forecast demand versus actual demand, understanding changes and trends
- Collaborate and liaise with all stakeholders to ensure the plan is the single source of truth
- Notify Customer Services, Technical Engineering and Hangar of significant forecast or capacity changes in an immediate and timely basis
- Communicate with all about new projects and capacity forecasts, highlighting timing updates
- Assist in the resolution of key supply-demand/service-cost issues
- Document assumptions and adjustments to forecasts using ‘the teams’ input
- Analyse and upload timely and accurate forecasts on a monthly basis
- Facilitate monthly demand forecast aggregation, including consensus between functions and stakeholders
- Assist with the coordination, facilitation, and documentation of regularly scheduled planning meetings
- Review, store, and backup final adjusted and unadjusted statistical forecasts
- Create and drive continuous improvement of world-class demand planning and S&OP processes
- Measure, control, and improve S&OP plan accuracy through clearly defined metrics
- Lead network optimization process to mitigate costs and maximize service
- Develop capacity simulation processes to run sensitivity analysis for growth
- Strong intellectual curiosity
- A sense of urgency
- Strategic and tactical thinking
- Communication (both oral and written)
- Interpersonal strengths:
- Strong organizational skills in strategy, communication at all levels and execution.
- Strong leadership skills. Ability to contribute and influence others in a team-based organization.
- Excellent people skills.
- Project management skills, with an ability to openly convey information to team members in a timely and concise manner.
- Inquisitiveness/Knowledge of modern ERP and SOP planning systems, workflow and improvement strategies/tools with an ability to integrate these into the operation would be an advantage